Monday, November 30, 2009

For the WIN!

Doing my little winner touchdown dance at the NaNoWriMo finish line... 51,118 words! :D

It's been a crazy ride, as usual. Even after slogging through mid-month despair, things started to gel and the story moved along. It's exciting, and even though I'm not keen on my attempt at an ending, at least the pieces are there.

Editing will be fun. I'm afraid to see how many words I actually have after I eschew the fluff chapters, the filler, the experiments and random misplaced scenes. But hey, whatever... I made it!

So now... I'll probably return to my regular blog, but this will still be open for business as I edit. Next plan is to get some character pages, a synopsis, and some better organization going here, then document the painful editing process. In spite off all that's wrong with it, I really believe in the heart of this little story, and I'd like to have a semi-presentable manuscript by the time Nano rolls around next year.

Which will also need a good kick-in-the-pants kind of motivation. 2010 might be my first year participating in NaNoEdMo. :)

Off to celebrate victory... and bark at my sister to cross the line. She's at 40K and feverishly typing away in there!

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment