Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 3?

So I totally didn't write anything yesterday. Well, that's not true... I wrote. But I was working on the final edits for my next JFH review instead of working on my novel. (Flyleaf - Memento Mori if you care to know. :)) May I just say that having a regular writing gig is throwing an extra interesting dynamic into NaNoWriMo month? I find it hard to write multiple things at once and have to prioritize, y'know.

Today I took my little notebook out on a lunch break and tried to scribble some more. It um... didn't quite work. Apparently, the random direction I took the other day isn't lending itself to moving on. Day 3 and I already have writer's block? Say it isn't so!

So I'm about to settle in, fire up Scrivener and/or Write or Die, and figure out what to do next. I'm very tempted to insert some placeholder paragraphs for the scenes I don't know and just dive into the ones I do. Is that cheating? I'm kind of a non-linear, patchwork writer anyway... I figure it never hurts to jot random scenes and stitch them together later.

Later. After November. Inner Editor, go away!

Right. Onward to writing. :)

PS: I totally want to do the Big Scary Character Quiz, at least for Neil and maybe Shanna. But that would be procrastination too, wouldn't it?

PPS: Need a laugh? Check out The Christian Romance Novel Naughty List or: How to Get Instant Rejection Letters from Steeple Hill. Then be glad you're not writing a Christian romance novel for NaNoWriMo. Hysterical, dagnabbit. (oops. Already violated the list. *sigh*)

2 comments:

  1. I love Flyleaf and Paper Tongues! Both bands are amazing. Have you heard about Flyleaf's pre-order deal? If you pre-order the album on i-Tunes you get extra music not included in the regular release. Check it out at i-Tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I like the new Flyleaf a lot too (Been listening for a while... I wrote a review that'll be up on JesusFreakHideout.com on Monday. *plug* :)) It's good stuff. I'm tempted to buy it on iTunes just for the U2 cover though. I want to hear her sing Stay... one of my favorite songs!

    ReplyDelete