Sunday, November 22, 2009

30K = Woot!

I broke 30,000 words tonight!!! 30,898 to be exact. Victory feels good. :)

So now that I'm ahead of where I was last year, I feel a lot better. And the plot is (finally) starting to roll around, though it had more holes than a moth-eaten sweater. (You thought I'd say swiss cheese. Ha. I thought about it though.)

Right. So in this session... I found a new character, a new opening scene, and the plot I've been digging for all along. When I got back to the heart of the story -- namely, Shanna's mysterious behavior and what's going on with her -- the words came way easier.

But now it is late, and I really need to stop and get some sleep. Just when it's starting to turn into something. Boo. :(

I'm too tired to look for something excerpt worthy tonight. Sorry. But I'm feeling really good about finishing this thing again! Hoping for some good writing energy when I take a few days off next week. Yay long holiday weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment