Sunday, November 1, 2009

Annnnnd we're off!

The writing frenzy began at midnight Nov 1st! My sister and I were off kittysitting this weekend, and ended up Internet-free, which pretty much makes for some really productive writing time.

Sorta.

Writing got off to a shaky start, clocking in at 1,489 words by the time I conked out at 1:30 am. Blame the cold I've been battling, blame unfamiliar territory disrupting my comfort levels (even though I kept telling myself it was like a little writer's retreat). I don't know.

The good news is that technically those 1,489 words are part of the first day's word count, leaving me until midnight to hit the 178 left for the first day goal. Cake. I still got time to get ahead.

Anyhoo. Final update, and possibly an excerpt once I'm done tonight. :)

By the way, Scrivener is pretty awesome. If you're a Mac user, check out the NaNo 2009 trial. I love it, and NaNo 2009 winners get 50% off the purchase price. (Everyone else can get 20% off anyway) Perfect incentive for me to hit the goal this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment